iklan 336x280 atas
336x280 tengah
300x600


ECLECTIC APARTMENT AIRBNB IN WINNETKA




Last weekend, hubby and I took an overnight trip to Winnetka, Illinois and stayed at a darling eclectic apartment I found on Airbnb. I took photos so I could feature the place as one of my Sunday home tours.



The apartment is on the second floor of an older home in Winnetka, a northern suburb of Chicago. I chose it because I liked the white paneling, wood floors, and spaciousness of the living room.


We went to Winnetka to see the new light show at the Chicago Botanic Garden, which was spectacular. We didn’t need to stay overnight, but I thought it’d be fun to have a little getaway for a change of pace.
There isn’t a television in the charming little eclectic apartment, but we didn’t need it. We spent time exploring the neighborhood and kept busy. The house featured in the Home Alone movie was just a few blocks away. I have photos of it along with other gorgeous homes that I’ll share soon.
Back to the eclectic apartment – just off the living room to the right is the kitchen, and to the left is the bathroom.

There’s a little hall with a big closet leading to the cozy bathroom.

And in that hallway is a charming little bench with a fun Gucci soup poster. What makes the apartment fun is the colorful and unexpected touches like this.

The light fixtures and dining chairs are more of the eclectic details in the apartment. It’s not what I would choose, but I do appreciate the creativity of the owner’s design. It keeps the place from looking like every other cottage-y farmhouse room.

A large bookcase spans the wall between the bathroom and kitchen doorways. The entrance to the eclectic apartment is on the far right.

The dining area is adjacent to the large bookshelf. The owner left items for making popcorn here for us. It was a cute touch!

Here’s the owner’s framed instructions for making the popcorn.

The kitchen is small but pretty and functional. It enjoys a vaulted ceiling and a skylight window lets natural light in.

To the right of the kitchen is the bedroom – with a step up to it.

The artwork above the bed is a painted wood carving. Colorful lampshades add a pop of color to the neutral bedroom.

The Airbnb eclectic apartment was perfect for our overnight stay in Winnetka. I took lots of photos because there are so many gorgeous homes in the area. And of course, I snapped a few of the Home Alone house too. I’ll share them later this week!

336x280